Mornings are blissful because I have no pain. My legs feel a little stiff to start out, but that fades away with the busy happenings of the morning. There are showers to be taken, lunch to be packed, children to get to school, and traffic to be battled before arriving at the office.

I can work comfortably for about two hours, then the pain starts as a dull ache in my right hip. The ache lingers. I know it's coming. I take walks, and that makes it feel better for as long as I'm walking. I've walked around the business complex three times today. The pain extends its tendrils down the back of my right thigh and causes the toes on my right foot to tingle. Sitting becomes torturous, and I get up regularly before it's unbearable.

I can't take NSAIDS like Advil, Aleve, etc. because of the risk of intestinal bleeding so soon after my surgery, yet I have sciatica. The pain is intense and increases as the day goes on. The hydrocodone apap (acetaminophen) prescribed post-surgery doesn't do anything for it. I read the bottle intently as though somehow I'm taking it wrong. How could something that is considered a controlled substance not be effective. But what do I know of medications. I'm taking it every six hours, as recommended. I don't want to take any more. I don't want to become addicted. I don't want to use it as a crutch, so I carefully take only what I'm told to.

I hate this. My only relief is laying down. I spoke with my doctor, and he prescribed me a medication that's supposed to work on the sciatic nerve, but on day two, and I don't feel the benefit. He also requested physical therapy from my insurance company, but as of right now, I'm still waiting for approval.


  1. Great job for publishing such a nice article. Your article isn’t only useful but it is additionally really informative. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. sciatica clinic Maryvale AZ


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On thrift stores, books, and Phantoms

The Future of Robotics